If this position is not quite what you are looking for please contact Trackars as we have many up and coming positions we'd love to hear from you.
Training Manager – Health & Social Care
MAIN PURPOSE OF YOUR ROLE:
To deliver and coordinate exceptional healthcare/homecare training that promotes competence and confidence to our students / audience.
All Trackars Healthcare staff adhere to RQIA standards in training resulting in exceptional RQIA reports. Implementing main duties and responsibilities below to support recruitment and CPD of Trackars Healthcare employees. Increasingly higher scores in stakeholder’s satisfaction in annual and monthly quality assurance surveys.
We are looking for an individual who is committed to the values of training and believes in giving people the opportunity to better themselves through CPD.
We require a motivated, dynamic and organised person who can manage and prioritise their own workload according to demand. Working out Personal Training Plans for all staff will be a key element of this role. A calm and confident manner is essential for this role.
Due to the structure of the Company, you will be required to travel between locations around Northern Ireland in order to meet the needs of its staff and the business.
A full, clean driving licence is essential, and an Enhanced Access NI check will be carried out.
Working hours will be 9am to 5pm Monday through Thursday with 30 minutes for lunch. Teaching days will be Monday through Wednesday with Thursday allocated for administration. The Training Manager will be required to carry out all administration relating to: - scheduling training courses; booking participants; preparing and distributing materials, recording attendance, marking workbooks and updating information systems with training results.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Ideally you will need an appropriate teaching qualification, Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, and a minimum of 5 years’ experience, preferably in the healthcare sector, along with a proven track record in facilitating and delivery.
Professional body memberships would be an advantage as would Train the Trainer course attendance.
You must be ICT literate with good presentation skills.
Critical to the post is for you to be up to date with the latest legislation and legal requirements affecting the Company and the work we carry out. You will need a firm understanding of the Health and Social Care training agenda.
- Be responsible for the safe delivery of training in line with legislative requirements and company policy and procedures. This includes co-ordinating external/internal trainers to deliver as demand requires.
- Undertake training and development to keep up to date with the law, best practice and changes in company policy. Apply this knowledge to day-to-day management and delivery of training.
- Understand and monitor health and safety in the workplace and in the field. Act as lead for ‘safe care’.
- Maintain full and accurate records and reporting systems in accordance with legal requirements and to ensure each worker meets these standards.
- Implement quality management and improvement systems. Effectively manage complaints and incidents. Carry out investigations relating to the quality of the service and use findings to make improvements.
- Arrange and coordinate QCF framework training with external bodies.
- Responsible for providing a full time, dedicated training service to staff at locations across the Northern Ireland in the following:
- Mandatory Training, such as Health and Safety, COSSH, Risk Awareness, Fire, CPR, Infection Control, Basic Food Hygiene
- Moving and Assisting/Handling
- First Aid at Work
- Medications, Nutrition and Safeguarding
- Skin integrity and wound care
- Epilepsy Awareness and Buccal Midazolam administration
- Dementia and Challenging Behaviour
- Induction and Refresher Training
- Record Keeping, updating internal system with training data
- Audit Healthcare Professionals’ records, communicate training needs, booking and verify completion of CPD
This list is not exhaustive and from time to time you may be required to undertake additional duties. We will provide full training in line with regulatory requirements.
Depending on the number of applicants this post may close early.
Type: Full Time
Location: Belfast, Travel
Recruitor: Gabriel Mutandagayi
Department: Healthcare Belfast
"For the last 3 years Trackars have been delivering Nursing care for Jimmy, who requires complex needs support in our home. The nurses are professional, respectful and reliable and have become an integral part of our family and lives."
P. Smythes | North Belfastlearn more